The Munsell Rock Color Chart provides a durable, accurate method for classifying and judging rocks sample. Each book comes with over 115 Munsell Color Standards each with its correct ISCC-NBS color name and unique Munsell alpha-numeric notation. Easily and accurately communicate the exact color information of your rock samples by using the Munsell Color Standards contained in the Rock Color Chart. This chart is primarily for field use and indicates the range of rock colors for all purposes and is accurate for wet or dry samples. Although the chart is mainly used to assign values to medium to finegrained rocks, it can also be used to describe coarse-grained rocks as well.
The pages within this book are cleanable and can be exposed to the standard environmental conditions that are met in the field. This does not mean that the book will be able to withstand all of the environmental conditions that it is exposed to in the field. For the cleaning of the colored pages, please make sure not to use a cleaning agent or materials that are coarse in nature. These materials could either damage the surface of the color chips or cause the color chips to start to delaminate from the pages.
- Durable binder contains 115 Munsell Color standards
- Featuring ISCC-NBS color names
- Munsell alpha-numeric notation
- Color produced on water resistant substrate
- Features Munsell notations for each color providing:
- Value (degree of lightness)
- Hue (color)
- Chroma (degree of saturation)
- Used with medium, finegrained, and coarse-grained rocks
- Pages are cleanable and can be exposed to standard environmental conditions in the field