This especially developed geologist's compass meets all your demands at a favourable price! Essentially it's been built as a copy of the Freiberg Compass when your budget doesn't stretch to a compass of that quality a lot of Geo's appreciate this more cost effective option.
Like the 'Freiberger' it facilitates the reading of dip and strike in one operation by a vertical circle at the lid hinge.
- Pendular clinometer (90°- 0°- 90°) for dip measurement
- The initial oscillation of the needle can be accelerated by arresting
- Circular level, mirror, front and rear sight
- 0°-360°, scale value 1° (adjustable circle graduation and needle), vertical circle graduation 5°, engraved exterior scale
- Housing: aluminium
- Size: 80 x 65 x 20 mm
- Weight: ca. 235 g (leather pouch included)
- Can be used for route surveying, for the survey of natural and artificial openings above and below ground
- Surveying of open pit or underground workings
- Transfer of geological data onto maps and plans
- Staking out of claims and sites
- General field-geological work
- Special structural-geological, deposit-tectonic, and engineering-geological rock mechanical work
- Rock work as well as moderate-accuracy surveying