We believe Geologist should spend more time out in the field exploring for the next big discovery, and that the job in the core shed should be made simpler, easier and a whole lot more efficient. We believe when lifting heavy objects every day, life needs to be as simple as possible. Discoverer Core/Trays have been manufactured in Australia and been used by Geologists worldwide since 1993, so after years of extensive development the Discoverer Series 3 is designed with a unique base that means completely smooth operation on roller racking and multi directional transfer tables. Discoverer 3 also has a continuous gripbar running right around the tray, so it is easier to lift from your natural lifting position and more OHS friendly. Don't miss out on the ease of use benefits this tray provides.
- Roller Racking Friendly. Trays which don't run smoothly, or bump on roller racking are difficult to work with and disturb the core. The unique flat bottom structure (patented) has been developed to ensure smooth movement on roller racking and ball transfer tables in any direction or at any angle, without disturbing the valuable core samples inside the tray.
- Stable Stacking. The unique stacking design means that the trays stack perfectly on top of each other without the tray above touching the core in the tray below. Plus all Discoverer Series 3 trays have the same footprint so you can stack the different sized trays (NQ, HQ, PQ) on top of each other when changing the core barrel size within a drill hole.
- Extra Channel Height. When stacking core trays containing fragmented, protrusive core there is a need to allow enough clearance between the core and the tray stacked on top. The Discoverer Series 3 has increased channel height to maximise the stability of trays even with fragmented core.
- Ergonomic Gripbar. From any angle, from any side and to suit every single natural lifting position for any user, the 360° continuous Gripbar makes the heavy lift simple. Whether pulling the tray along roller racking, or lifting trays onto the vehicle, you can get a grip on every side of the tray with absolute ease. The Gripbar is generously sized to suit even XL hands, and especially moulded for your comfort for both male and female geologists. It a pleasure to lift even when trays are full of core.
- Clip-In Core Markers. Clip in Core Markers designed to optimise use of the tray. The markers are colour coded to match the trays and the top surface is etched allowing you to record notes.
- No Logging Errors. Bold Start Indicator gives clarity to drillers, reducing potential errors when logging the core.
- Drainage Holes. Drainage Holes at both ends, helping your core to dry out and to remain stored in premium condition.
- Indelible Record. Built-in ID tag holders are now moulded into both the front and the side of the trays. These provide a permanent record of tray contents.
- Integral Strength. The patented interlocking bracing between tray rows ensures rigidity and strength through the whole length of the tray and increases the longevity of the product in the tough mining environment.
- Transportation Stability. Unique Discoverer; Locking Links gives superior stability when valuable pallets of core are moved around, whilst also eliminating the need for metal strapping.
- Protection from Elements. Lids further protect your core integrity from the elements. They are manufactured from a durable UV plastic designed to last for extreme periods in the sun.
- 1 Metre Core Capacity. Keeping core logging practices consistent and easy for the Geologist means it important to fit 1 meter of core in each row of your core trays. The Discoverer Series 3 has a 1 meter capacity in each row, to ensure that core logging is easier and you use fewer trays in comparison with shorter trays.
NQ Series 3 OD: 1065L x 385W x 72mmH
Channel Diameter: 52.5mm
Core Capacity: 5 metres
Truck - 99 ( 2220mm High)
Standard Container - 105 (2343mm High)
High Cube Container - 117 (2550mm High)
HQ Series 3
OD: 1065L x 385W x 85mmH
Channel Diameter: 65mm
Core Capacity: 4 metres
Colour: Pastel Green
Truck - 81 (2200mm High)
Standard Container - 87 (2403mm High)
High Cube Container - 96 (2519mm High)
PQ Series 3
OD: 1065L x 385W x 106mmH
Channel Diameter: 86.5mm
Core Capacity: 3 metres
Colour: Pastel Blue
Truck - 66 (2280mm High)
Standard Container - 69 (2343mm High)
High Cube Container - 77 (2480mm High)
Stock Locations: Gympie, Dubbo, Mt Isa, Adelaide, Perth, Kalgoorlie , Burnie, Bendigo